Monday, November 15, 2010

Cutting down The Education Budgeting

While reading my classmates’ blogs, I found one that caught my attention. The blog is by Rebecca Isla, and it talks about the possible budget cut in education in future years. What first caught my attention is the way she explained and gave some background about the Texas economy. She says,“ A possible $18 billion cut is what Texas is facing... the reality is that they are going to cut the budget in some departments like education.” Rebecca also says that it would affect teachers in the state of Texas, and some professor would be laid off or would be given 40 kids to teach. I found this idea very important because I know that with 40 kids in one classroom it would be impossible to give individual attention. It can also create great problems.
 
Rebecca also talks about teachers not getting enough technology in the classroom to teach kids effectively and that this is a big concern for citizens. I concur with this idea because I know that technology has become a big part of our lives nowadays and if we don’t teach our kids to use it, that can stop them from success in their future. Rebecca makes a great argument about why the Texas government should not cut the education budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment