Friday, December 10, 2010

Changes in History books

While reading my classmates’ blogs, I found one that caught my attention. The blog is by Palmira Ramirez, and it talks about the possible dramatic changes that are going to happen to the Texas textbooks over the topics of the Vietnam War, the Korean War, and the Civil Rights Movement. One line that I like and concur with is when Palmira says “I believe that we all need history in order to learn from our past and implement what we learn towards the future.” I like this because, like Palmira, I believe that everyone needs to learn history in order to take part in society. History is really important because without it we will not appreciate what we have today. Palmira is concerned with this topic because she is going to school to be a teacher and she is a parent who cares about our education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment